My first thoughts ran to Ate Riza.
"Ate Riza is having the baby?!?" I gleefully asked.
It was not that kind of hospital visitation. One of our youth members has a mother in ICU. The details I exclude from this public forum, but the situation is serious. Despite a failed attempt on Sunday afternoon, this one arose.
With less information and even lesser confidence did my mind battle. Could I handle this? Could I be used by God in this? Should I even go, with finals tomorrow and unfinished papers to write? My studies or ministry? Ten seconds later, we scurried to pack up my laptop, papers and folders from my study-filled perch.
After a twenty minute drive, convincing the guard to allow twelve of us in, climbing an airport-sized ramp, speaking to an ICU nurse, four were admitted into ICU to pray for the Tocaben family, and I was one of them. Lord, may this be Your comfort, may these be Your words, may this be You. Then we walked in.
Introductions, prayer and some questions later, we departed.
It's been eight hours, and the sun has yet to come from its sleep, but my mind is racing. I am wide awake. Not too long ago, I wouldn't have left my perch. Praise be to God, the One who transforms. But those ten seconds; it was ten seconds of selfishness too long.
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23
<3 Amy Grace
It is the hardest thing to be an instrument of "peace n comfort" to hurting individuals! PRAISE BE TO GOD that HIS SPIRIT is our COMFORTER and HIS PEACE is much-much to be desired. Praying that HIS PEACE N COMFORT will overflow in you so that you may continue to bring them WHERE the LORD wants you to extend it! Welcome the experience with much thanksgiving! To GOD be the glory!!
ReplyDeleteMomZee
Amy, how are you dealing with the rainy season? We guess that will be in your next blog, along with pictures.
ReplyDelete