6.06.2011

Rosey

I have a job. By God's grace. I can’t stop talking about it, sharing my daily experiences and occurrences, praying about it. Every single thing, from sending my resume to my phone interview and in-person interview, was all from Him. I continue to cry out every morning that I will continue to live for Him. And, although I get a paycheck from doing these prescribed duties, I am trying to view this as a ministry.

So blessed am I to work in a community that envisions, creates, and distributes solidly Bible-based, artistically beautiful and applicable resources for the furtherance and edification of the Kingdom. Although God could have put me anywhere (including a place that doesn’t have such a goal, which is a profound ministry as well), I am so thankful that my “first” adventure into the workforce is in this lovely place.

Perhaps at a later date I can explain what I actually “do,” for now, I’d like to share the best moment of the day (besides carpooling with my Dad). I read this quote, said by Wang Mindao, who was incarcerated in China for 23 years because of his faith in Christ Jesus.

“When I was put in jail, I was devastated. I was sixty years old, at the peak of my powers. I was a well-known evangelist and wished to hold crusades all over China. I was an author. I wanted to write more books. I was a preacher. I wanted to study my Bible and write more sermons. But instead of serving God in all these ways, I found myself sitting alone in a dark cell. I could not use the time to write more books. They deprived me of pen and paper. I could not study my Bible and produce more sermons. They had taken it away. I had no one even to witness to, as the jailer for years just pushed my meals through a hatch. Everything that had given me meaning as a Christian worker had been taken away from me. And I had nothing to do. Nothing to do except get to know God. And for twenty years that was the greatest relationship I have ever known. But the cell was the means.

[On advice to believers] I was pushed into a cell, but you will have to push yourself into one. You have no time to know God. You need to build yourself a cell so you can do for yourself what persecution did for me – simplify your life and know God.”
Quoted from Ronald Boyd-MacMillan’s Faith that Endures (2006, Open Doors International), pages 307-308.

I’ve heard it said that “the world is my oyster.” I'm not the biggest fan of oysters. I want my everything to be my God.

All glory is rightfully His.

<3 agb

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! I was blessed reading this especially the testimony of Wang Mindao. It touched my heart. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete