Fairest Lord Jesus
Text: Munster Gesangbuch; trans. by Joseph August SeissMusic: Schlesische Volkslieder; arr. by Richard Storrs WillisTune: ST. ELIZABETH, Meter: 568.558Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature,O thou of God and man the Son,Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,robed in the blooming garb of spring:Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purerwho makes the woeful heart to sing.Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,and all the twinkling starry host:Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purerthan all the angels heaven can boast.Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!Son of God and Son of Man!Glory and honor, praise, adoration,now and forevermore be thine.
" He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” " Psalm 46:10
When I blog, I begin a draft and then take a few days to weeks to develop it. The drafts now total ten, none of which are developed. I am not in avoidance or in hiding, but rather absorbing all that God is developing in my life (that I can comprehend, anyway). However, this song and verse has been pounding in my mind and I must share. Thankfully its affects have outlived the horrible flu-like symptoms that ran through my system not too long ago.
I hope your prayers have been answered like mine have been. I hope your answered prayers are tangible moments that remind us to remain in the Lord.
I hope your prayers have been answered like mine have been. I hope your answered prayers are tangible moments that remind us to remain in the Lord.
I love this hymn!(: Praying for you, hope you're feeling better ate amy!
ReplyDelete