[Don’t get worried and call my parents to ask if I’m okay, just keep reading…]
Despite the sprinkling of showers and long day in school, Ate Lea graciously accompanied me to the market. On behalf of the International students, I bought some fruit (saging, to be exact) for a party held for the first- year students. There was a lot of traffic so we got off our jeepney and started walking through the stopped traffic street. We weaved in and through the plethora of stopped cars, vans and jeepneys in the rain. One of the drivers let go of his break to inch closer to the car in front of him just as I was walking in front of his jeepney. Needless to say, I was nudged enough to throw me off balance. After getting the two large bags of bananas and taking a taxi back to school, I noticed a bleeding scratch on my thumb. Then, I realized. I got hit by a Jeepney today. I was laughing hysterically as I texted Kuya and Ate.
This is the end of the second week of school, and it was a doozy. Quizzes (which were more like tests), a couple of presentations, readings, meetings, papers, journaling; it was a lot. But that moment explained above threw me off balance, in a good way.
That’s kind of been the theme of this week. I’m just going about my business and then something happens; the Holy Spirit convicts me through the Word of God (multiple occasions from Isaiah 1 to Titus 2 to Deuteronomy 8), a friend texts a really edifying observation, I get hit by a Jeepney, friends ask for help. But, also, since I’m scheduled to teach at TOUCH Christian Fellowship in July, I’ve been experiencing Worship in another way. It’s been wonderful to be fed the Word of God, to truly enjoy worshipping our God, to take the time to reflect on past situations, to notice my how sinful my intentions and behavior can be and to intentionally pray for people whom I’ve never prayed for before.
I think I’ve learned to get out of God’s way - to notice my words, actions and motivations and make a conscious effort to obey our Lord instead of relying on my instincts or routine. Otherwise I’ll get hit with it. Like from a jeepney. You know what I mean.
<3 Amy Grace
PS
The above situation is not serious nor worthy of worry. It should be taken as a humorous account of a miniscule moment in my life instead of a serious life-threatening and scary circumstance. In no way was I hurt (besides this scratch) or in danger. Feel free to laugh and be breezy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kuya Erwil: You know you should add another disclaimer, "No Jeepneys were harmed in the creation of this entry". =P (...If you can laugh about it, we can laugh about it too!)
ReplyDeleteLiz: Thank God you're fine!
Pls. take good care of yourself there!
ReplyDeleteAte Ambel