8.05.2009

“Amy, would you like to start?”

Pastor Edison and Ate Riza sat across the table from the four PBTS students who serve at TOUCH Christian Fellowship. After a really great meal, they asked us what we thought about this past term.

It felt good, that is, until the last two weeks when it seemed like everything intensified. Perhaps it was lack of planning on my part, with a little negligence of and distraction from my regular disciplined study habit. It may also be that I took a harder load this term than my first. That said, God is faithful. Things have happened that I never thought could have happened – and it was all Him, all His purpose. I was involved in classes that I wasn’t even a part of, lead a prayer meeting, a teaching seminar, I continued to minister to children in unfortunate areas, did a follow-up seminar at a University and I’m pretty sure I passed all my classes. Now it is on to a vacation from sitting in a classroom for hours but it is not a vacation from growing…

With two terms under my belt, what have I learned? I am so thankful to be a part of a growing church. A church whose focus is to “know Christ and make Him known,” with a drive for discipleship, accountability and a growing desire to grow deeper and wider in our relationship with Christ. It’s different than my previous experience with church. Unfinished roofs, lack of supplies and a parsonage on the second floor isn’t exactly the same as the historic four floor building on the corner of Marine and L. But what is lacking in supplies is not lacking in heart. It’s exciting to be in the dark as to what is to come; solely trusting in His will and yet doing all we can to be and make disciples of Jesus Christ.

It seems to be a reflection of my life. I have contemplated what is to come. It would be deft for me to say that I do not think such things, but it wouldn’t be truth. The “what ifs” and possible scenarios of my future have drifted into my thoughts. But no matter what my imagination comes up with or what my conscience wants to believe, it all boils down to trusting God in the not knowing.
“Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. What a man desires is unfailing love; better to be poor than a liar. The fear of the LORD leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble.” Proverbs 19:21-23

I am enjoying this week-long vacation in between terms. Going into my third term, I feel like a pro. The feeling of adjustment is fading away but I pray the desire to grow in Him will only intensify. As Paul did for the church of Colossae, continue to pray for me. So I may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. So I may be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father. It is He who has delivered me from the domain of sin into the kingdom of Christ Jesus, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1)

<3 Amy Grace

Some visual aids: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agracesurrendered/sets/72157621959621768/

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read your most recent reflection and how the "not knowing" has really pushed you to trust God to a deeper intensity. We pray that you'll continue to make disciples while you're there.

    Erwil and I are learning to trust God too, in the "not knowing" times, especially with how He'll sustain and provide life for this little one who we have yet to meet in January.

    ReplyDelete