I had a great conversation with some siblings in Christ. It was obvious, after sharing our testimonies of God’s work in our lives, we came from awfully different backgrounds. Story after story, I shook my head, made countless faces, was pleasantly surprised, was outspoken, was shocked, was disgusted, was embarrassed, yet, was simultaneously edified. We came out of this unexpected conversation praising our God for loving sinners such as the likes of us.
To my dear family that is an ocean away but close to my heart, let us not become desensitized to what the Cross is. It was a shameful, cruel and gruesome death. A death that a King, a Prophet, a Priest endured on the behalf of those who deserved it. On behalf of murderers, adulterers, liars, thieves, molesters, wretched hopeless people. In place of us.
In light of Who He is, in light of What He has done and is doing, all I can do is fall on my knees and beg for His grace which He graciously gives. The work was done to bridge this sinner from the confines of sin to the freedom in and through Christ Jesus. Death was unable to hold my Lord and He is now exalted at God’s right hand.
I thank my Lord for moments like this. I thank Him for answering my prayer. Amongst the busyness of the day, in the middle of an assignment, halfway through a MilkTea break, He brought me back to Him. And I come, with my heart in my hand. This heart, which was broken and hurting, is now in the most trustworthy of Hands. I am His.
<3 Amy Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi babes, knowing you are growing closer to Jesus despite our/your loved ones distance makes my heart joyful. Continue on with the race, do not get tired, can't wait till we see you again. BTW, thanks for the card you sent to Mae. She loved it. You are her inspiration.
ReplyDeleteGod bless! Ate Ambel/Pastor E.