2.08.2009

"I graduated from La Mirada High, too."

That was a statement from Eric, one of the Korean missionaries helping at Touch Christian Fellowship Church this past weekend. I met someone from South Korea in Baguio, Philippines whose alma mater was also La Mirada High. How small is this world of Yours, God?

Anyway, this Korean missionary team planned a great children's program which was apart of their short-term mission in the Philippines (as I type this they're on their way to Davao, also noting that I've never met so many missionaries before, this is like a missionary central). We went to nearby neighborhoods early Saturday morning and distributed flyers and tracts to some children, inviting them to the day's festivities. Being here in the Philippines and having this language barrier has been difficult on my pride, as I've mentioned earlier, but as I was walking with our team my Tagalog suddenly came out. It's funny how God can use one little thing (or person), and use it in a great way because then the team learned some phrases they could use and ... it was a sight to behold.



The children's program later was very creative and heartfelt, and we definitely prayed for the Gospel seeds to be planted and for Him to grow them.

I'm developing relationships with these kids, and I hope that they can see Christ in me as I try to lead through my words and actions. As Pastor Edison shared from Deuteronomy 6 at this evening's service, the next generation should know that we love our Lord with all our heart, soul and strength through our relationship with them and through our intentions for them to know the LORD every part of our day.

So, I've been really blessed with the characters here. I even spent a couple of hours at a pastor's house on Friday evening, just listening to how God has and is changing Him, and through that change He is using Him. Academically, I am doing well but I feel the calm before the storm.

I suppose all I can say about this weekend is that Our God is a mighty God, whose strength is exemplified through our weaknesses. It's also amazing how the Bible can impact your day and, if you are sensitive to it, you see the very words happening in your life. His Word is relevant, needed, an encouragement and definitely a sword.

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agracesurrendered/sets/72157613239091663/ (new uploaded pictures to set)

<3 Amy Grace

PS
I spent a long time on Lakers.com on Saturday night. Sunday morning, Kuya texted me about the trade. No matter how much I try, I'm not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment