Ten months since I’ve felt California sunshine, earthquakes, Santa Anas, smog.
Forty weeks since I have slept in my own bed (not that I did much of that).
Two hundred eighty three days since I have felt my father’s itchy moustache, my mother’s embrace, Kuya’s bear hug, Ate’s giddy laughter in person.
Six thousand seven hundred ninety-two hours since driving a car.
Four hundred seven thousand five hundred twenty minutes since I ran the halls of CPC with my clacking heels while giving out hurried hellos and quick hugs to my family members.
Enter Amy. Or someone that looks like her.
Praise God for Who He is. He is so majestic and kind, just and gracious. He is worthy of all praise and honor. May these three months bring me ever so close to Him. Being away has been such a great experience, and I pray that being back will draw me even closer to my Savior.
It is hard to establish or describe my status right now. Cold tabo showers. Running brown outs. Uphill walking. Clapping at mosquitoes to kill them. Different government system. These were more than tolerable, sometimes even enjoyable. If anything has been difficult, it has been being away from all of you. As much as I have grown, I hope to see how God has worked in your lives past ten months as well. So, reunion eagerness is part of this feeling.
I can not deny, however, that leaving Baguio is difficult. As much as my home will be La Mirada, California, Baguio City has been part of who I am. Kuya has Long Beach, Ate her Fullerton, my Parents and Imus. Baguio City (and its content) was used by our God to change and mold me into this ever-growing Christ-seeking lady I am today. The people and the places will always bring fond memories to my mind, and it is tough to part ways (even for this brief escapade).
Mixed feelings? Definitely. But surely, you know that in this life it is much safer in His hands than anywhere else.
Mere days.
<3 Amy Grace
--
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.” –Psalm 46:1-3
Is it already time for me to leave this place, Lord? To this new place, establishment, where I sought refuge in You. Where I learned again that life without You is dreadful and for naught, but I learned this lesson without the presence of my loved ones around me. It has been a journey, Lord, and you have guided me. Now, going back to where I came from is difficult because I do not know what lies before me. I am fearful, I am worried. But Lord, I should not fear when the ground beneath me gives way, for I should seek my grounding, my footing, in You. Your way, Your Will is sovereign Lord and help me to trust in it, help me to find refuge and strength in You. Help me to share this experience with all those I meet, help me to share your Word to whomever I come across, whether it be here or there. I am Your missionary Lord. My life is a mission, home or away. I pray that I bring You glory in all that I do, and that I may continue dwelling in Your presence. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We welcome YOU back with open-arms and we rejoice and will anticipate the greater things in store for you, as this journey goes on! Hoping and praying that HIS SPIRIT will guide your every step of the way!
ReplyDelete