In the words of a new friend, here comes another adjustment period.
I apologize for those who not share (or care of) the experiences I will miss from Baguio, but I feel the need to narrate.
While the sun peeks through my window, I hear the barely audible but highly recognizable steps of Ate Lea coming down the hallway. As the old stone steps before the tennis courts chill my bottom, the Word of God pierces my heart while simultaneously lifting my spirit. Even though my pants’ button may burst from delectable (albeit unconventional) food, I find myself laughing hysterically while sitting or walking in circles, up steps and down roads with the company of new friends. I find myself in awe of God’s goodness and provision with the sudden sharing of testimonies of a semi-stranger turned sibling. Whilst silently sitting but inwardly shouting praises and troubles to the LORD, I am above a house of prayer amongst hundreds of hundred feet tall pine trees. After walking there, during and back, I am taken aback by all the new sights which push me to fulfill my queries and digitally capture the moments. My fatigue and constant thoughts of requirements simply fade as I meet children to sing praises to our God and learn more from His Word with them.
I am uncertain of what is to come but I claim, again, that my life is His. I reflect back on the past two months and I am astounded of all God has brought me through. There were ups and downs, good and bad moments, but I hope Christ was recognized in my words and actions. No matter where or when, if I am “home” or away, I pray He will sustain and guide me through whatever refinement I need. Rain, sunlight or fire, I cling to Him and His Word.
After thirty plus hours of traveling by bus, taxi, and plane I will be back to a familiarly strange place I call(ed) home.
<3 Amy Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice to have you back in CA. Glad to know we'll see more of you for a while. Enjoy your stay! BTW, I checked out your pics, they're great. Looks like you're used to Bagiuo now & having a lot of fun. WELCOME back babes!!!
ReplyDeleteAte Ambel