It’s the week of Panagbenga, an annual festival in Baguio celebrating the blooming of flowers. I hear there are over a million people here, of tourists and people up from Manila. They close down a main road of town and there are a lot of booths lined up. There are flower displays, contests, outdoor concerts, food vendors everywhere, parades and LOTS of people. Almost too many people, if you ask me, but that’s because of my awareness of physical proximity.
Sunday night, the young people of the church went out to town to enjoy the festivities after our Vesper Service. For the sake of those with weaker stomachs, I will not mention all the food I ate. But I will share that I had a One Day Old Chick (ODOCK), a deep fried hatched chick from balut smothered in sweet-and-sour sauce. DELICIOUS.
As many of you have heard, my time here for this term is coming to an end. I appreciate the concern and care many of you have for me that you've expressed to my family. Thank you, I hope you are praying for me and for my walk with Christ. But if you ever feel the urge to ask how I'm doing, just send me an e-mail. No need to ask my family how I am, they don’t know much more than you do, and they'll probably just direct you here. I'd rather hear from you so I know how you're doing, too!
On the next blog: How I feel about going home.
<3 Amy Grace
PS
Happy Birthday to Kuya LaRon and Pastor!
Oh and HAPPPPPPPPY BIRRTHHHDAY TO MY MOMZEE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment